CEO & Co- Founder
- Providing an update on the latest regulatory frameworks for esports in Japan and what it means for the esports industry
- Exploring opportunities to leverage a robust gaming market to grow and commercialise the esports market
- Analysing market sentiment on esports growth in Japan: Likely perspectives from the country’s biggest game developers
- Crystal-balling into the future: What will the esports industry look like in 5 years?
2:40 PM Panel Discussion: Analysing Key Lessons that the Japanese Gaming Market Can Apply for Sustainable eSports Growth
- Why esports?
- Short-term wins vs long-term strategy
- Can we do things bigger and better in Japan?
- Lessons learnt from other markets and applying them to Japan
Delegates will get the opportunity to select 3 tables of their choice, each led by a roundtable host for a 30 minutes discussion. All 6 roundtables will kick start simultaneously, with delegates rotating after each 30 minute session. Discussion groups are deliberately kept small to ensure that all delegates get the interactive, multi-directional opportunity to ask their most pressing questions, thereby guaranteeing a perfectly tailored experience.
Roundtable 1: Making Sense of Investments- How to Further Leverage an Already Mature Gaming Market in North Asia
Roundtable 2: Capitalising on Japan’s Robust Gaming Infrastructure and Grassroots to Develop Sustainable Business Models in Esports
Roundtable 3: Analysing Revenue Opportunities for Esports in Japan: What Should You Focus on?
Roundtable 4: Integrating Esports Into Your Organization- Internal Adoption Before External Commitments
Roundtable 5: Examining the Business Implications of Integrating Esports into Traditional Sports and Major Sporting Events
Roundtable 6: How to Successfully Execute World-Class Tournaments in North Asia
5:30 PM Closing Panel Discussion: Making Esports Work in North Asia- Actualising Latent Potential and Commercial Opportunities
- Drawing upon lessons learnt and best practice from the rest of the world
- Leapfrogging the maturity curve and developing a robust esports economy in North Asia and Japan
- Strengthening the relationships between game developer, government and national associations to grow the industry
New to the eSports market? Navigating your way around in Asia? You cannot build a strategy for esports if you do not understand the
financial fundamentals and the evolving value chain of the industry.
This workshop has been purposefully designed to provide interested stakeholders entering the eSports market or wanting to know more about the Asian and Japanese ecosystem.
The workshop will provide delegates with a foundational understanding of the esports ecosystem, financial fundamentals and evolving business trends and models in Asia.